Thursday 15 November 2012

3 tier SANDWICHES



This is a really short and simple recipe. If you are making them for breakfast, you can prepare the hard boiled eggs and sardine the night before so that you cut down on the preparation time in the morning.I love sandwiches so mucchhhh  so I recreated this recipe with my mom at home .  I think it’s such a nice treat to have this on the breakfast table, hi tea or dinner ;)


Ingredients
(Serves 5)
1st layer
5 hard boiled egg/chopped finely
Salts
White Pepper / Black Pepper
3tbsp Mayonnaise

2nd layer
1 can sardine (medium size)
Fresh chillies-chopped
1 medium onion-grated
Lime or Lemon juice
Salts
Mayonnaise

3rd layer
Carrots-grated
Mayonnaise

Directions:
1.Spread some butter margarine on a slice of white bread or your favorite bread.
2.Spread the egg mayonnaise you made as 1st layer, follow with the 2nd layer with sardine.You also can add whatever raw veggies you have in the fridge e.g fresh lettuce leaves,tomatoes,zucchini and cucumber.Last layer is carrots and mayonnaise.
3.Cut into half diagonally if desired before serving.


* Directions for making hard boiled eggs
To cook perfect hard boiled eggs, place eggs in saucepan of cold water (enough water to cover eggs). Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes, off the flame and cover with lid for about 10 minutes. Rinse the eggs with cold water till they are cooled. Crack the eggs gently with a spoon and remove shell.








2 comments:

  1. In moving over the years, I have lost my very favorite 3-Tier Sandwich Loaf recipes used for luncheons. Yours is the first "tier-sandwich" I have run across in all my searching on the internet.
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH. In the original recipe which was lost, it contained tuna salad, ham salad, egg salad layered on a loaf (I had the bakery slice my loaf)to make 3 layers. Then it was frosted with a cream cheese/mayo frosting overall. Refrigerated and sliced at the last minute. I prepared a big luncheon for my board members and chairmen the last time I made this and served it, 2 kinds of quiche, salad, fruit salad in chunks, grapefruit juice & ginger ale beverage. Everyone loved it. Then I served coffee and pineapple cake for dessert. Your recipe sounds very good and I will try it soon. Thank you again for your post.

    ReplyDelete